Does Anyone Know Of A Cheap Dentist?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mindyf

mindyf

mindy

• Comper
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Competitions, music, movies, piano and eating out!! Fishing is great when the sea is calm or else Ill be sick!

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Ow I have toothache!! So I go to the dentist in Thames and I have filling and the grand total is $1300 maybe more...how embarrasing..ekkk I knew they weren't good but didnt think they were THAT bad :huh:
So my question to anyone is "DOES ANYONE KNOW A REASONABLY PRICED DENTIST???!!!!"
I have a community services card and I know that some dentists accept this, I would be wililng to go to Auckland or Hamilton as friends travel those ways for work etc. I really don't mean to sound like Im so poor because Im coping....I have two little ones and work three jobs, I dont want a hand out from winz as I gave up on them a few years ago and went out to work!

Anything anyone could tell me would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks guys!! :hip:

Wish there was a competition for dental care!!!

Edited by mindyf, 04 July 2007 - 07:59 PM.

WINS THIS YEAR- $1000 classic hits, Innoxa Mascara- Cleo, Dr Lewinns Skincare pack, Music Month Card - C4, Box of Favourites- Classic Hits, Durex Pleasure Pack - Cleo, Bottle of wine and chocs, Charlie Wilsons war dvd, Kelly Rowland CD, Corona Beanie, Abracadabra Bra,$50 Liquorland card, $25 Subway Voucher, Corona Hoody, 8g Ipod Nano (so shiny & purple), Movie passes - The Edge of Love, Sonic Chronicle Ds Game, Xbox Lego batman,

#2 The Mother

The Mother
  • Comper
  • 15,573 posts
  • Interests:animals

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

If you have a Community Card, its really cheap! :hip: You will need to ring around to see who excepts them up your way

Edited by The Mother, 04 July 2007 - 07:52 PM.

IF I'M OUT AND SOMEONE ASKS, "DO YOU MIND IF I SMOKE?" I ALWAYS SAY "NO, DO YOU MIND IF I FART?"

http://sharons.onlin...l.com/home.html

#3 Sharon25

Sharon25
  • Comper
  • 1,666 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Computers, Spending time with my child, Family, outdoors, Just love to have fun!

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

If you have a community service card like myself you can ask for a referral to go to the dentist at the hospital. I was in really bad tooth pain and they referred me to the hospital, but I had to get all my wisdom teeth out. Its worth a try. Its so expensive isn't it. :hip:

#4 mindyf

mindyf

mindy

• Comper
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Competitions, music, movies, piano and eating out!! Fishing is great when the sea is calm or else Ill be sick!

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

Is there a place in Te Puke?? My parents are from Papamoa and over there at the end of this week..getting a little desperate, but going easy on the pain killers :hip:
WINS THIS YEAR- $1000 classic hits, Innoxa Mascara- Cleo, Dr Lewinns Skincare pack, Music Month Card - C4, Box of Favourites- Classic Hits, Durex Pleasure Pack - Cleo, Bottle of wine and chocs, Charlie Wilsons war dvd, Kelly Rowland CD, Corona Beanie, Abracadabra Bra,$50 Liquorland card, $25 Subway Voucher, Corona Hoody, 8g Ipod Nano (so shiny & purple), Movie passes - The Edge of Love, Sonic Chronicle Ds Game, Xbox Lego batman,

#5 The Mother

The Mother
  • Comper
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

yes there is a place in tepuke, the tooth fairy
IF I'M OUT AND SOMEONE ASKS, "DO YOU MIND IF I SMOKE?" I ALWAYS SAY "NO, DO YOU MIND IF I FART?"

#6 mindyf

mindyf

mindy

• Comper
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

Cool, Ill do my ringing in the morning...yes it does get a little expensive, especially in a town like Thames there isn't too many options so your'e forced to pay that much.
Thanks so much for your help, eases my mind a little might be able to get some sleep tonight :hip:

#7 The Mother

The Mother
  • Comper
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

mindy, there's also one in the mount called the tooth fairy as well, i think they are both the same, TePuke is upstairs and the mount is ground level! Good Luck :hip:

#8 chances

chances
  • Comper
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:my kids and winning!

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

There is a dentist in te awamutu called Te awamutu family dentist it cost $35 dollars if you have a community card and the dentist is really gentle!

#9 jack

jack
  • Comper
  • 7,188 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

There is a place in Tauranga that is real cheap. Couple of people I know travel to Tauranga becaause of the price. Will try and get his name.

Five Cross roads Dentist was one of the cheaper ones when I rang around a few years ago. They have a cheaper rate for community card and they are open alot of late nights and Saturday.
They seemed have raised there prices in the last couple of years but it would be worth a phone call :hip:

#10 mindyf

mindyf

mindy

• Comper
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

Thanks Jack and Chances..let me know if you get the name of that dentist Jack..thanks!!!

#11 honeybee

honeybee
  • Comper
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

GOOD luck with finding a cheap but good dentist , just wondering i see many mentioning a community services card, i had no idea you could use this to get cheaper dentists bills, can someone advise me on this and is it any dentist, thanks.