Win Stuff - NZ Competitions
Sign in to follow this  
Tower

Changing Coro Night Again!

You really have to wonder if anyone in TV scheduling / management has an actual brain the way they keep mucking shows about and then wondering why more and more people simply buy DVDs or watch over the Internet. :rolleyes:

Edited by Buzz Bumble

OH man what next... What do you guys think??? I love coro, cant we have half an hour each night??

2 hours on one night is toooooo long, nevermind we can mysky it but still !

You really have to wonder if anyone in TV scheduling / management has an actual brain the way they keep mucking shows about and then wondering why more and more people simply buy DVDs or watch over the Internet. rolleyes.gif

Yep buzz lots of ppl watch on demand to catch up now because time dont suits etc

Have to tell my Mum who watches it - if anyone phones she says 'Coronation Street' & they have to ring back!!!

I watch the latest UK episodes on ITV (you have to download Expat Shield to hide your location) and by the time we see the same episodes here, I've forgotten half of it.  Funny seeing Robert Vaughn (Napoleon Solo in Man From Uncle for those old enough to have seen it!) on Coro.  

... Funny seeing Robert Vaughn (Napoleon Solo in Man From Uncle for those old enough to have seen it!) on Coro.

More recently he was in the British series Hustle.

The other Man From UNCLE, David McCallum (also The Invisible Man), is in the American show NCIS.

I watch a few latest ones on you tube but I think they get pulled down off there, I wont put any spoilers in here but man we are sooooooo far behind lol

I watch a few latest ones on you tube but I think they get pulled down off there, I wont put any spoilers in here but man we are sooooooo far behind lol

Yes, I was watching on Youtube (before I discovered them on ITV) but they are removed for copyright reasons almost as soon as they're posted now.  Not helped, I suspect, by the Coronation Street Uninterrupted page on FB, posting the url each time one is uploaded.   Probably someone from ITV is watching the page. 

The idiots at TV One just never learn and are screwing about with the Coronation Street timeslots yet again (this time to make way for MasterChef Australia) ...

• This coming Friday and the next (28 Nov and 5 Dec) Coronation Street has moved to 9:00pm - 10:30pm.
  • Next Saturday (29 Nov) Coronation Street has moved to 9:00pm - 9:30pm.
That's what is advertised so far in the TV Guide, but these could be the "permanent" timeslot for a while ... until they change it yet again (probably for the Christmas shows and then again after Christmas / New Year).

:rolleyes:

I've given up on Coronation Street - watched it for about 30yrs then gave up

Yes, very frustrating! One of our sons commented, when I was watching last night, that at least Christmas lines up now with us almost exactly 2 years behind. Must admit, it gets a tad confusing watching the latest uk episodes in between our ones!

Edited by Tower

Ugh, why are they putting MasterChef on at primetime? 5 days a week?! I'll watch Coro on TVNZ On Demand, I watch most of my TV online anyway

More messing about ... this coming Saturday (6 December) the episode starts at 8:40pm and goes for one hour.

There's two letters complaining about the changes in the latest issue of TV Guide.

At least Saturday's episdoe is back to an hour again.  It doesn't bother me too much which days it is on since we usually end up recording it anyway, I just want more episodes so we can catch up!  

TVNZ are yet again mucking about with the timeslot for Coronation Street (and in turn mucking about with Emmerdale, because of fewer daytime Coronation Street repeats) ...

• Friday, 6 February, 9:30pm - 10:30pm (only one hour due to rugby beforehand)
  • Saturday, 7 February, NO EPISODE (again due to the rugby)
  • Friday, 13 February, 8:45pm - 10:45pm (15 minute delay due to Masterchef Australia beforehand)

They just never ever learn. :rolleyes:

TV One are yet again mucking about with Coronation Street.

Starting this weekend (28 November) the Saturday episode will move half an hour later to start at 9:10pm thanks to MasterChef Australia (7:00pm) and a new season of Doc Martin (8:05pm).

TV One has dropped the weekday lunchtime repeats of Horronation... err, Coronation Street. According to a letter in the latest TV Guide, they weren't as popular has TVNZ had hoped. :rolleyes:

Their idiotic excuse for those who can't watch / record the over-long episodes on Friday and Saturday nights is that the episodes are available on the OnDemand website. Apparently Coronation Street rates consistently in the top three OnDemand shows ... probably because many people don't want to sit through two hours of it late at night!

If the fools at TVNZ played the show properly (i.e. half-hour episodes every weeknight as it is designed to play) and stopped mucking about with it, then the TV watching ratings would probably be higher.

I always record the last hour of Friday night's because it runs too late for me and have never watched the afternoon repeats.  I get the latest eps from the UK (2 years ahead) too.  Hubby's sister and her husband are moving to Brisbane (where they're only a couple of weeks behind the UK) so I'm going to have to write them a summary of the 2 years worth that they're going to miss.  

It looks like TVNZ finally listened to complaints for once. The weekday repeats of Coronation Street are back again (1:00pm, TV One, resuming on Wednesday, 15 June).

Gosh that will be hard for your sister in law to miss 2yrs worth - lots of writing for you to do.