Win Stuff - NZ Competitions
Sign in to follow this  
Tower

Changing Coro Night Again!

I emailed them a summary. I printed out a copy for my hairdresser to give to her aunty too.  She always wants to know what's coming up.   Might have missed a bit here and there but I think I included all the major storylines and the introduction of new people so my sister in law and her hubby will know who all the new people are.  They arrived in Brisbane just in time for the major storm at the weekend.  

Coronation Street bosses have announced this afternoon that the soap is adding an extra episode every week. From the end of next year the soap will increase it’s output from 5 to 6 episodes a week giving fans even more action from Weatherfield. Not only is ITV adding the extra episode but the broadcaster says the soap’s set will also be extended, suggesting more locations could be added to the famous street.

And meanwhile TV One will continue to slip further and further behind ... you might be lucky to start seeing those extra episodes in 2025.

We are seeing 3 hours (6 episodes) a week at the moment so it will mean we're not catching up as we have (slowly) been. The episode we saw last Saturday screened in the UK on Sept 29 2014 so we are "only" 21 months behind now.   We were 25 months behind before they started screening 3 hours a week. 

TVNZ is yet again mucking around with Coronation Street ... you really have to wonder if they ever learn. :rolleyes:

From Thursday, 9 March, Coronation Street will be playing for one hour, three nights per week on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, still starting at 9:30pm each night.

That is better than a silly two-hour "episode", but it's not the best scheduling decision.

I can't keep up with all these changes so aren't watching anymore

As a supposed "Good Friday treat", TVNZ are yet again mucking about with Coronation Street - on Good Friday (14 April) there will be a two-and-a-half hour episode starting at 7:00pm. They never ever learn. :rolleyes:

Proving they will never ever learn, the morons in management at TVNZ have ditched Coronation Street (and everything else on TV One and Duke) for the silly Commonwealth Games - there's no regular shows at all starting this Thursday, both day time and evening. :angry:  An idiotic decision, especially since they are also starting a Games Extra pop-up channel on Freeview especially for the Commonwealth Games.  

I don't know why also.  They have a new channel with all the Commonwealth Games on this so goodness knows what they are up to???  Will we ever understand their logic!

For those who watch it, Coronation Street is scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this coming week .. but NOT Saturday. Mucking about with it yet again! :rolleyes:

Edited by Buzz Bumble

TVNZ is mucking about with Coronation Street ... yet again!!

Now, as well as shifting time slots,  they're stupidly going to have both behind-the-UK and up-with-the-uk episodes playing at the same time to confuse everyone.  :rolleyes:

We have some big Coronation Street news! 

There will be major changes to beloved icon Coronation Street on TVNZ 1, giving you more ways to watch all the action from Weatherfield.

In New Zealand, Coronation Street is currently around 18 months behind the UK and we want to fix that. At 9.30pm from Monday 11 June, you can enjoy the very latest Coronation Street episodes, just one week after the U.K. They will be called "Coronation Street 2018".

To bring you up to speed with all the major storylines beforehand, we have a special two hour recap show, Coronation Street: From Here to Now, on Sunday 10 June at 8.30pm.

If you still want to watch the current Coronation Street storylines you’re following right now, they’ll be on every weekday afternoon at 1pm on TVNZ 1 and OnDemand. To avoid confusion and potential spoilers, these episodes will be called "Coronation Street catch-up." 

To find out more about these upcoming changes to Coronation Street, visit Coronation Street: How to Watch.

Edited by Buzz Bumble

I’ve been doing the time switch thing for several years now, downloading the latest episodes when they air in the UK and watching a week’s worth on the night hubby goes to his Sci Fi or computer club meetings.  Then I watch them again when they air here because by then I’ve forgotten most of it.  Now I have to figure out what to do on my “Coro night”.  There is my extensive collection of Kris Kristofferson DVDs, many of which I haven’t watched in ages.   That would take care of the next couple of years.  :-)

Good grief, TVNZ never ever learns!

Barely two weeks after the "changes" and they're already mucking about with the new night-time Coronation Street 2018 episodes ... this time it's because an episode of MasterChef Australia is longer than usual, they are shortening Coronation Street 2018 on Thursday, 28 June  to half an hour (starts at 10:10pm) and playing an extra half an hour episode Tuesday, 26 June (starts at 9:30pm).  :rolleyes: