Win Stuff - NZ Competitions
Tower

Tivo Service Ending On 31 October 2017

Tower    0

Who else still uses Tivo?  We use ours all the time so not happy this is happening.  Seems like it wasn't long ago I figured out how to use it and now I'm going to have to learn how to use the hard drive recorder, dammit! 

spacer.gifspacer.gifImportant service announcement: TiVo Service ending on 31 October 2017

We are sad to report that we have reached the end of our TiVo license and the TiVo Service is coming to an end in New Zealand on 31 October 2017.

The TiVo Service is what delivers electronic programming guide data to your TiVo device each day, so without it, there will be no electronic programming guide and TiVo recording features such as Season Pass and WishList will stop working. For more information on what will and will not work after 31 October see “What does this mean for you and your TiVo after 31 October?”. Your TiVo device will have extremely limited functionality and we discourage customers from using it after 31 October.

We are glad that when the time comes, you will have been able to enjoy your TiVo device for at least 5 years. We are sure you will find plenty of home entertainment alternatives out there, and are contacting you now to make sure you have plenty of time to upgrade your technology by 31 October 2017 and to help make sure your transition is as smooth as possible.

Please think of the environment and dispose of your TiVo device at your local e-cycling facility.

For further information on the end of the TiVo Service, please visit www.mytivo.co.nz

We wish you all the best and thank you for your support over the years.

aaron11    0

Me me me ! and a few other people i know looks like I will have to buy another recorder  the tv has a recording fuction but i cant work int

so this means we wont be getting a guide to record off ~ how rude !

Tower    0

Sadly our TiVo hasn't lasted till retirement.   It died on us already.  Now I'm going to have to get used to setting up a hard drive recorder ... just when I'd figured out the TiVo.  Bugger!  

Buzz Bumble    0

That's the problem with "technological improvement" and "progress" - it's often a big step backwards.

The hard drives (and soon flash-memory drives) in today's recording devices can fail, which means you suddenly lose everything you've recorded. On the other hand, if the humble old VHS recorder failed, the tapes themselves where fine and could easily be used in a replacement VHS recorder (of course, the tapes could get damaged by themselves).

We had a similar issue with the MySky box. It suddenly decided to have all the recorded shows no longer playable (zero length) and the recording schedule all showing shows that where six months ago. According to Sky's "help"line, the only option was to reset the device and lose all the recorded shows.

Tower    0

Hubby has copied what we want to keep of our old videos onto the hard drive, written them onto disk and backed them up on our pc and his laptop.  Yes, it's way too easy to lose everything!  

Buzz Bumble    0

According to Sky, you can't back up the MySky box and the drive is encoded (to stop people giving recordings to non-Sky people), although there are may be ways around that if you look online ... BUT, the MySky box is only rented from Sky, so if you screw it up you could be in for a big bill and the banning of your subscription.

aaron11    0
On 7/7/2017 at 2:06 PM, Tower said:

Hubby unplugged it overnight and it revived it! Yay!

Tower I have 2 tivos and the home network package so i watch from one to the other on one tv, and on the other tv, Sadly im gonna miss mine too but you can still manually programme them I think, very good technology for when they came out the tv can record on to a USB but dunno how to do that lol

Tower    0

It’s still faithfully recording Coro for me in spite of it being on different times each week!  

aaron11    0
4 minutes ago, Tower said:

It’s still faithfully recording Coro for me in spite of it being on different times each week!  

hehe such a shame aye Tower as they are very reliable I ended get up getting my free as it had software problems but is not okay, ! my tv records but i dont know about recording on  usb stick